If you are confident in your ability to modify the Insurance Company settings, follow the guide on Enabling Multipage Predeterminations and enable Attachments along the way.
You can now submit attachments electronically in support of your insurance claims. You can submit a wide variety of file types by following a few simple steps. Note that this feature will only be available for certain carriers so be sure to check the notes above for more details.
- If the patient has multiple insurance plans, be sure to check you have the right carrier set in the Ins dropdown first.
- You can select Documents button if your desired files are already in the patient’s Document Manager module.
- All files available in the patient’s Document Manager will be listed here. Simply tick the box on the relevant items.
- Then select Add.
- The program will submit the files electronically via EDI and provide a response, as it would with a standard EDI claim.
- The response should inform you whether your submission was successful or not.
The example shown indicates there was an error in the transmission. This would be a good place to stop and call Support for assistance submitting these items.
- You can return to the Attachments window at anytime.
- The File Count clears after each visit, but the History button will provide a more complete picture. Note this is the same History window accessible from the popup menu. You can use that first instance to quickly navigate to the History and skip opening the Attachment window entirely.
- Either way, within the History window, you can check the Current Claim documents or use the All Claims bullet to see all Attachments sent for this patient.
The addition of Attachments to claims will greatly simplify claims which require backup/documentation for approval.
This concludes the Attachment guide. Should you have any outstanding questions or concerns left unanswered, please contact our Support team for help.