The Bulk Insurance Debit adjustment is only used when you get a negative amount on a bulk insurance cheque. (ie. the insurance company is taking money back). This adjustment WILL affect your deposit if your bulk cheque was entered today. This adjustment reverses a portion of a bulk, or a full bulk insurance payment that has been applied to a patient.
- This is an Insurance type adjustment.
- Tab and use the pull down in the Balance area, highlight Increase. Then under Code select BID.
- Tab and type in the amount that you want to increase the balance by. (the amount they took back on the treatment)
- The Payer area will need to show the insurance company as this is an insurance type adjustment. You can choose this by clicking on the ellipses (…) box and selecting the one you want.
- This adjustment WILL affect deposit if the bulk is entered today.
- Use the pull down in the Bank area and select the bank that the payment was originally entered to.
- Click Save.
- Highlight the treatment line that you want to apply all or part of the adjustment to, type in the amount to be applied to that line in the Apply Amount Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Note: The Daily Trail Bank Report will still show the entire amount of the cheque with a separate line showing the BID adjustment.