Adjustments are an important part of Office operation. We will perform a few common adjustments in this video, visiting the ledger after each one to help refine our understanding of the ledger.
- Transfers: Move fees from patient to insurance, and vice-versa.
- Allocation: Adjustment allocations require a certain level of specificity, here we detail them clearly.
- Discounts: Learn the basics of applying discounts and other adjustments.
- Office Charges: Here we learn how to charge for items sold like Toothbrushes, floss etc. As well as applying Late or Missed appointment fees.
- Write Offs: Remove fees and charges from an account while retaining a record of the original charge and transactions.
For a written and illustrated explanation of this information, please visit the following link
Want to practice working with Adjustments?
Be sure to use your Training Database when doing any practice. This will prevent making any unintentional changes to your accounts receivable