Power Practice allows the use of pre-set and custom defined appointment status types. When we right click an appointment and choose to “Change to…”, we can select Confirmed, Unconfirmed or any of the other custom statuses created by the team. See the linked article at the end of this page to learn how to create your own custom appointment statuses.
The Appointment Status Tracker, added in version 5.0, allows you to review the history of changes made to appointments within a given date range. This will help you identify when the appointment status was changed, say to the Confirmed status, and by whom.
- Select the Chair you wish to report on, or use the For All option.
- Select the Producer you wish to report on, or use the For All option.
- The Options button allows you to designate which Status types you wish to include in your report. These options are described in detail near the end of this article.
While this report primarily focuses on the “Change To…” status updates made by users, you can still identify the overall booking status of the appointment from the Status column.
- The letters presented here reflect the overall state of the appointment in question.
- B stands for booked, C for Cancelled, N for no-show and U for unscheduled.
You can get a more detailed look at the Cancellation/rescheduling history of any listings by using the Audit Trail option.
- Right click on one of your results.
- Choose the Audit Trail option.
- Here you will find records of cancellations along with the user taking the action and the time. The information displayed will show both the Change To status updates as well as cancellations/removals from the schedule.
Returning to the Options button above, these are the settings contained within.
- You can choose to include all status options or manually select the specific ones you would like to see.
- The List Options bullet point selections default to All but can be set to Match Appt Date as well. This option will limit results to only show results with status changes made on the same day as the appointment booking. For example, an appointment booked on the 10ththat was changed to Confirmed the next day will not be shown in the results. This is a helpful option to use when you want to limit your searches to same-day changes.
- The other option is to use the Recent Status bullet. This will show only the latest status update for each listing.
- Don’t Colour Status will show all your results in black font. The default is to use the colour associated with the status (found in the Scheduler Settings menu, under the More button).
- The Refresh Rate designates how often the report will refresh it’s results.
- Finally, the Display Future Appts selection will determine how for into the future appointment results are gathered from. The default is 60 minutes.